Saturday, June 30, 2012

I ACTUALLY did it!

 It's done!!! Probably about six weeks later and I'm finally finished with my first project!

I don't LOVE how it turned out...the bottom is a little more flared than I was hoping and the middle is a little too fitted, so I think next time I will go out a size on the pattern at the waist, and then come back in for the hip and maybe even go in more. I might just bring in the side hems at the hip, so it fits how I want it to. Those buttons? Yep, probably spent about fifteen minutes trying to decide where to put those! I am a little indecisive.
Also, I look SUPER gross in these pictures-that's what happen when I finish at probably 11:30 at night when I just want to be done! I definitely should've started with something easier; this project was too hard for a beginner! It was so fun though, and I think I learned a lot about sewing!

It looks a lot nicer from far away than it does up close :) And I will never button it up, because the buttons and the button holes are not lined up well enough. But look!! It's done!! Maybe now I'll wear it someday!

Next up:
I got this pattern at the same time I got the pattern for the blazer, but I spent at least an hour or two looking for the perfect fabric and I just didn't find anything that I loved that would've been less than $30. I'd like to find something light, since I'll be wearing it in the summer, but hopefully not TOO see through so that I don't have to make a liner for it, because that's three more yards of fabric that I'd rather not buy. Maybe they'll have something in the $1/yard section at Walmart? But I definitely want a maxi dress! Maybe one that I can wear with my new blazer!

No comments:

Post a Comment